A total volume of 337.9 million units of shares, valued at N3.84billion exchanged hands in 4,164 deals.
The most traded stocks by volume were FBNH (64.58 million units), ZENITHBANK (52.67 million units), TRANSCORP (41.98 million units) and while ZENITHBANK (N1.34 billion), FBNH (N471.80 million) and UBA (N128.22 million) topped the value chart.
AIICO (+7.14%) led the gainer’s chart today, while SUNUASSUR (-9.88%) was the top loser. However, the market breadth index was negative with 16 gainers against 24 losers.
- AIICO up 7.14% to close at N1.2
- LIVESTOCK up 7.14% to close at N2.25
- FLOURMILL up 6.16% to close at N31
- ZENITHBANK up 4.84% to close at N26
- CUTIX up 4.65% to close at N2.25
- SUNUASSUR down 9.88% to close at N0.73
- LASACO down 9.87% to close at N1.37
- AFRIPRUD down 9.85% to close at N5.95
- ABCTRANS down 8.57% to close at N0.32
- UPL down 8.53% to close at N1.18
Nigerian stocks ended Tuesday’s trading session on a slightly positive note amid stellar performance for Nigeria’s top tier-1 bank.
- Zenith bank, some hours ago had earlier released its audited financial year 2020 results showing impressive growth on the back of a stellar Q4 outing.
- In FY’20, the tier1 bank recorded a 10.4% YoY jump in profit after tax to N230.6 billion (vs N211.6 billion expected).
That being said, the Nigerian Stock Exchange consumer goods and insurance indices fell by 1.61% and 0.92% respectively. On the flip side, the NSE banking index closed as the lone gainer, up by 1.68%, while the industrial and energy indexes remained unchanged.
Nairametrics recommends you seek the advice of a stockbroker amid price volatility presently prevailing at medium and low capitalized stocks.