At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed flat amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 1 basis point, while the market capitalization increased by N2.54 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 38,920.50 points, to reflect a gain of 0.01% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market today, Tuesday 14th September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.278 trillion from N20.275 trillion on the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –3.35%.
The market breadth closed negative as UPDC led 14 Gainers, and 21 Losers topped by SOVRENINS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,350.22 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- UPDC up +9.93% to close at N1.66
- ACADEMY up +8.33% to close at N0.39
- COURTVILLE up +7.41% to close at N0.29
- VITAFOAM up +3.88% to close at N17.40
- LIVESTOCK up +2.88% to close at N2.14
NGX ASI Top losers
- SOVRENINS down –7.41% to close at N0.25
- UPL down –6.42% to close at N1.02
- REGALINS down –6.25% to close at N0.45
- UACN down –4.85% to close at N9.80
- CHAMS down –4.55% to close at N0.21
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- WEMABANK – 46,760,667 units
- ACCESS – 28,239,839 units
- UBA – 17,767,249 units
- MBENEFIT – 17,243,869 units
- FIDELITY – 14,799,631 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ACCESS – N263,494,888.05
- MTNN – N233,462,480.60
- STANBIC – N230,788,825.00
- WAPCO – N201,959,806.25
- ZENITH – N197,225,590.95
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 14 gainers were surpassed by 21 losers.